5 Steps to Culture Interventions & Upgrades
Do your internal teams have trouble working together effectively? Consider a Culture Intervention and Upgrade!
In the corporate world, Tribal Leadership is being used to do Culture Interventions and Culture Upgrades.
The Tribal Leadership Culture Intervention Model:
- Do a formal assessment or survey making sure to capture what culture stage best describes the tribes in the organization and what stage best describes the organization overall.
- Work with the leaders in the organization to interpret the assessment. Have them give voice to what the tribe(s) want.
- Have a “Town Hall Event” where senior people, sample groups or the entire organization get together. Introduce the ideas of Tribal Leadership, address the assessment and introduce the leaders’ strategies. The main purpose of this event is to get people talking about Tribal Leadership.
- Do a lot of executive coaching, generally starting well before the first assessment and continuing throughout the process. Use the triadic coaching model pioneered by Mark Taylor.
- Launch the identified micro-strategies and have people get coached through obstacles.
The entire process generally takes about 90 days, with Steps 1-5 having a very short launch cycle (like 5 days). There is normally an “Oh, ****!” phase that the organization goes through around day 45, that is actually the real turning point in the process.